Dental Implants: The Best Solution for Perfect Teeth Or Smile
Do you feel self-conscious about certain imperfections in your teeth? Find yourself trying to hide your natural smile because of missing teeth? Well, with today’s advancements in dental technology, you don’t have to feel awkward about your teeth anymore! If you’re considering dentures, keep in mind the fact that dentures are often uncomfortable for the wearer and on occasion, can slip off, causing immense embarrassment. For something more effective, why not try a dental implant to replace your missing tooth?
What exactly is a dental implant?
For those who aren’t aware of this modern dental miracle, a dental implant is basically an artificial tooth that is anchored into your jaw with the help of titanium screws. They look and feel completely and utterly realistic. Unless, the person sitting across from you is a dental expert, absolutely no one will be able to discern your real teeth from your dental implants! These dental implants are a cost-effective and permanent solution for replacing missing teeth. They are very practical, modern, and provide the wearer with utmost comfort while chewing or biting. In addition to that, they can enhance the beauty of your natural smile.
Are dental implant surgeries pain-free?
The average duration of a dental implant surgery is less than 1 hour. Recovery time is minimal and normally a patient will have full use of their mouth in about 2 days without discomfort. In order for the dental implant to integrate with the patient’s bone, a period of about 4 months must be allowed during which time the mouth will continue to heal on its own. Thanks to modern advancements in dental and medical technologies, these surgeries are quick and painless.
With proper care and maintenance of these implants, they can last a lifetime. These dental surgeries have a 98% success rate and hence, as more and more people are becoming aware of this effective dental solution and the number of dentists offering this service is also increasing.
Why you should opt for a dental implant?
The world has slowly become more conscious of ‘image’ and many psychological studies have proven that people associate their self-image with their level of confidence when dealing with others. In simple terms, people draw confidence from the image that they portray. When a person is suffering from the social stigma of missing teeth or huge gaps in between teeth, it often lowers his belief in his self worth and this can be acutely painful for him. There are two main reasons why most people opt for dental implants. They are:
- To improve their self-image: Missing teeth or huge gaps can negatively affect an individual’s confidence in himself and his capabilities. Today, people suffering from such problems can easily opt for dental implants to replace their missing teeth and voila, a ready-made solution to their problems!
- To facilitate easier chewing of food: Unfortunately, most of the food that we consume today is absolutely impossible to eat without chewing. Very few foods like mashed potatoes and, possibly, pasta can be eaten without much chewing. People who have been using dentures often complain about the difficulty of chewing with dentures. On the other hand, people who have opted for dental implants find it much easier to chew with them.
Are dental implants a good investment?
These implants offer you a variety of benefits compared to dentures, primary among them being ease and comfort of usage. The various benefits provided by dental implants are:
- Long term solution- If the patient takes good care of his dental implants and has regular maintenance check-ups, they can last for over 20 to 30 years.
- Increased aesthetic quality- These dental implants are usually of very good aesthetic quality and look much more natural than regular dentures.
- Helps to chew better- These dental implants help to chew food much better than dentures, which often cause soreness due to gum rubbing.
- Overall comfort- A dental implant provides overall comfort to the wearer because it never feels like there is an unfamiliar foreign object anchored into your jaw bone.
A dental implant is also a major investment for most people and hence, all the pros and cons should be carefully considered before consenting for such a dental surgery.