Everything You Should Know About Invisalign Services in Thornton
Orthodontics is a specialty of dentistry that addresses how teeth sit in the jawbone of patients. This specialty works with different oral appliances to realign teeth, giving patients a more cosmetically appealing smile. If you have suffered low self-confidence because of the alignment of your teeth, today is your lucky day. We elaborate more about an orthodontic oral appliance called Invisalign, and why it is used in dentistry.
What is Invisalign?
It is an oral appliance used in dental facilities like Fox Creek Dental by Espire in Thornton to alter the position of teeth. They have the same purpose as traditional braces, which is that of realigning teeth. In most cases, patients consider orthodontics as a specialty for cosmetic elevation. However, this is not the entire truth. A dentist in Thornton will tell you that orthodontics has a lot to do with restoring the functioning of teeth than cosmetic effects.
Thornton Invisalign treatment, however, is a compromise between the cosmetic needs of patients and the required treatment process. Adults dread the process of orthodontics because of the idea of wearing metal brackets on their teeth. This is what traditional braces have to offer. Invisalign, however, is the game-changer in orthodontics.
Invisalign Braces feature plastic-like materials that are customized for individual needs. These aligners are transparent, allowing you to showcase your smile whilst undergoing treatment. Dentists in Thornton Colorado advocate for these aligners for patients who are inclined to maintaining beautiful Iles throughout treatment.
More About Invisalign
The best way to understand more about Invisalign in Thornton CO is by getting to know a couple of facts about them. This will help you understand how they work, preparing you for what you should anticipate during your treatment. Some facts about the clear teeth aligners are:
1. They are removable – they are not permanently fixed on your teeth. You can remove them without the aid of a dental expert. This gives you the freedom to choose the foods you can eat.
2. You must wear them throughout – while they are removable, the freedom is curtailed. You have to wear them for up to 22 hours every day. This leaves a short period through which you can remove them to eat. The 22 hours are necessary to ensure that there is consistency in the shifting of teeth. The aligners work by exerting controlled pressure on teeth. This pressure is what causes teeth to shift to a different position. Less than 20 hours each day would not be sufficient to shift your teeth within the required time frame.
3. Oral hygiene is paramount – you have no room to slack in cleaning your mouth once you have your family dentist in Thornton CO install the aligners. The reason is that they stain easily, and this would compromise the anonymity that comes with their transparent color.
4. Adjustment means changing the clear aligners – these clear aligners are adjusted differently than traditional braces. Every couple of weeks, you will visit a dentist for a new set of clear aligners. The new ones will have a tighter fit than the previous ones, to continue the shifting process. The number of times you visit your dentist for a change of aligners will depend on the treatment plan developed for you.
5. They are not for everyone – it would be a delight to know that you can go through the orthodontic process and still showcase your smile. Unfortunately, this treatment is not for everyone. These teeth aligners are specially made for solving mild cases of malpositioning. Complex cases, therefore, cannot effectively be treated with Invisalign. In this case, you would need traditional braces. An example is when you have a crowded mouth.
6. You need retainers afterward – once your treatment is complete, the dentist will assign you some teeth retainers. The importance of these is to help hold your teeth in place. Since the new position is not natural, teeth can tend to shift back without the extra reinforcement.
7. They are very popular – if nothing else convinces you to try these clear aligners, perhaps this point will. These aligners are increasingly popular today, with many celebrities benefiting from them. The advantage is that you never have to go a single day without smiling. Besides, you can go through your treatment without necessarily announcing to the world that you are getting treated.