The Benefits of Family Dentistry
Family dentistry at Fox Creek Dental by Espire in Broomfield provides oral care for all individuals in a family in every stage of growth and development. The varying dental needs of a family are addressed in the same setting by the same team of dental professionals. Our dental care provider is trained to provide comprehensive oral care for your family.
Apart from treating oral health issues, family dentistry also focuses on reducing your family’s chances of getting oral infections and diseases. Services provided in family dentistry include oral exams and cleaning, dental emergencies, root canal treatment, veneers, wisdom teeth extraction, dental bridges, sealants, fluoride treatments, and sedation dentistry.
How Do I Choose A Family Dentist?
Choosing the right family dentist for the oral health needs of your family is important. Here are some things to consider when you are choosing a family dentist.
- Find out whether they offer comprehensive dental services for patients of all ages. A family dentist should be able to handle any needs that may arise in the most suitable way possible. Your family dentist must offer sedation dentistry for a child who has a dental phobia or cosmetic dentistry to improve your smile.
- Evaluate the training of the dentist to be assured of their skills and expertise. Family dentists who regularly take continuing education stay updated on the latest and most advanced techniques in their profession.
- A dentist who is located closer to your home or is easily accessible will make it easier to schedule and keep appointments.
- Choose a dentist who has a broad range of experience as they are suited to address various dental conditions. They also provide accurate dental solutions and effective treatment for any condition that may affect each family member.
- Look for a clinic whose atmosphere is inviting, and the staff is friendly. Your children should be comfortable at the new dental clinic since it is where they will receive their formative dental experiences.
- Ask about the quality of services provided by the dentist and staff from friends, neighbors, colleagues, and family. You can also browse their website to check out the reviews and testimonials from their patients.
- Choose a family dentist who offers affordable dental care for your entire family. Find out whether they take your insurance. Look for a dental practice that offers out-of-pocket prices, ideal package deals, or payment plans that suit you.
- Find out how prepared a family dentist is to handle emergency cases. Are there any measures in place to respond to dental emergencies of any kind?
Why Is Family Dentistry Important for Oral Health?
From infancy to old age, our teeth keep developing. The changes in our mouths that take place over time affect the health of our teeth and gums. Family dentistry will offer you appropriate services for each stage of life as the oral health needs of your family change. A family dentist will follow up on the oral health of your family and will be aware of genetic oral health issues. The dentist will help identify them early and address them in a proactive way. Through family dentistry, each member of your family will receive personalized procedures and treatments to keep their teeth healthy.
Benefits of a Family Dentist
- Busy parents can schedule appointments for several family members at the same time. This reduces the number of visits made to the dental care provider.
- Your children will feel at ease visiting the same dentistry as the rest of the family, therefore, preventing dental anxiety.
- Family dentists are trained to take care of your entire family’s oral health needs. Therefore, there is no need to visit different dentists for the various needs of your family members.
- When a family dentist provides dental health care for a long time, they keep detailed records which may be useful in identifying and treating hereditary issues. The records can also help in diagnosing other general health conditions.
- A dentist who knows and treats all the family members gives personalized treatment as they understand the dental needs of each individual.
- The family dentist educates the members of the family on routine preventive practices carried out at home to ensure teeth are healthy.
- When you have a family dentist, you will be at ease during a dental emergency since the dentist is familiar with your dental history. You will be assured of a quick and efficient diagnosis with no fear of allergic reactions during treatment.